Why You Should Build a Custom Home on the Outer Banks
Saturday, October 2nd, 2010 | Posted in: General Contractor, New Homes
Today we will discuss the advantages of a custom built home versus a “spec” home. A spec home is a house that is built on speculation that a buyer will show up for it.
At first glance, it is obvious that spec homes, because they are not paid for in advance by any buyer, must be produced cheaply. We will cover what that means to you, the home buyer, in this article.
Some of the advantages of buying a custom built home versus a spec home are:
- The Right Home – The biggest advantage to building a custom home is that you get the home of your dreams. You choose the layout, the floor space, appliances, windows; in short, everything. Almost any feature you desire is easily included in a custom home plan.
- Quality Materials – A custom built home by a reputable builder consists of premium materials. Spec homes, on the other hand, are built with “builder’s grade” materials, which are lower priced and of lower quality. Your home should not depend on second rate materials.
- Quality Construction – You can count on a custom built home to be built to exacting standards, whereas a spec home must be produced on a low budget, meaning cheaper (and less skilled) labor.
- Happiness Now, Save Money Later – Moving into your custom built home is sure to bring you much more happiness than moving into a spec home. You will also save money later on because you don’t need to remodel the kitchen, bathrooms, bedrooms, etc. All those replacements and upgrades will add a good sum to the cost of a spec home.
- Peace of Mind – All of this adds up to peace of mind for you. The perfect home, constructed by professional builders using premium materials, will put a smile on your face for as long as you live in your custom built home.
As you can see, a custom built home has too many advantages for you to even consider a spec house. Remember, you will be living in your home for many years and your happiness will begin and end in your home.
East Coast Construction is the right choice for your custom built Outer Banks home. We have been the top custom home builder in OBX for a quarter century and know what is required to make a safe, high quality home on the beach. East Coast Construction only uses premium materials and builds to above Code Plus Standards while watching your budget carefully so you don’t get any rude surprises later on.
Call East Coast Construction today to discuss your dream home and how we can make it happen.