5 More Tips to Improve the Value of Your OBX Home
Monday, September 27th, 2010 | Posted in: Additions, Home Renovations
Improving the value of your home is always important, so today we will take a look at some more ideas for doing just that. These tips will increase the price of your home, if you wish to sell, and will also make life much more enjoyable for you! Read on for some great ideas.
- Entrance – Enhance the first part of your home that anyone will see. A beautiful entry/foyer sets the tone for the entire home. Also consider adding/dressing up your front porch. This will give everyone (including you) a positive feeling before they step foot inside your home.
- Merge Indoor with Outdoor – Bring the outdoors into your home. French doors and full view glass doors allow you to enjoy a beautiful, sunny day or warm night while in the comfort of your home. They also increase the apparent size of your home, making it feel more spacious.
- Bathrooms – Studies have shown that remodeled bathrooms give extra bang for the buck in increasing home value. Bathrooms experience heavy traffic and are the rooms that everyone will see, so it pays to make them beautiful.
- Natural Materials – Natural materials, such as wood and granite, are always a good choice when remodeling. They are visually impressive (stunning or soothing, or both), and give your home a “green” feel. Natural materials often have a long functional life, so they can save you money over the years if you remain in your house.
- Backyard – Most of us have extensive space behind our homes. Use this area to advantage by installing a deck or patio. You can easily turn your backyard into a private gathering area for friends and family, or even an outdoor kitchen, and it will feel as if you have added a large room to your home.
These tips will add to the value of your home, should you decide to sell, as well as make your home more enjoyable for you and your family.
Call East Coast Construction today to discuss these home improvement ideas or any other ideas you may have. East Coast Construction has been serving the beach for decades and can help you improve your home’s value on the Outer Banks.
East Coast Construction is your home expert for Corolla, Kitty Hawk, and Hatteras.